Facebook Online Market – Facebook Marketplace Near Me – Buy or Sell On Marketplace
Facebook Marketplace is an easy, convenient way to buy and sell in your area. You can look through listings or search for items near you to find great things to buy. The marketplace has so many great features that make buy and sell on Facebook very interesting.
For instance, as a seller, you can easily mark an item as sold on the Marketplace; and as a buyer, searching for items to buy on Marketplace is a walk away process. Learn how to search for items on Facebook marketplace.
One beautiful thing about the Facebook Marketplace is that it can be accessed from the Facebook app and on desktops and tablets. To access the marketplace, look for the at the bottom of the app on iOS or at the top of the app on Android. If using a web browser, you can find this Marketplace icon on the left side of the Facebook page.
How to sell something on Facebook Marketplace
When you sell something on Marketplace, you create a public listing that can be seen by anyone on Marketplace and in News Feed, search and other places on or off Facebook.
To sell an item on Marketplace:
Click Marketplace in the left column of News Feed.
- Click + Sell Something, then click Item for Sale.
- Enter a title for your listing, the price, your location and a category for the item (example: Furniture, Baby & Kids). You can also add a description. To mark an item as Free, you can enter 0 as the price.
- Click +10 Photos to upload a photo of your item from your computer.
- Click Post. If Post is grayed out, make sure you’ve included a title, price, location, photo, and category.
- Use a photo that clearly shows the item and its condition. If possible, include multiple, original photos of the item rather than a photo from a company website.
- Add a detailed description of the item and its condition. Be sure to describe any stains or tears.
- If you’re selling used clothing or shoes, make sure they’re as clean as possible.
- If you’re selling personal hygiene items, these items should be brand-new and in the original, sealed packaging.
- Before meeting the buyer, make sure you both agree on the price of the item and the exact location of your meeting place.
- Have the buyer look over the item and make sure it’s what they want before you accept payment.
- If you can’t meet the buyer at the time you both agreed on, message them and try to reschedule another time.
In other to keep selling on the marketplace, you must not be found wanting on any of the rules and regulations that guide the Facebook marketplace. Learn more about Facebook marketplace rules and regulations.
How to buy something on Facebook Marketplace
To buy something on Marketplace, you can send a message to the seller to arrange a sale:
- From Facebook.com, click Marketplace in the top left.
- Click an item you want to buy.
- Click Message to send a custom message to the seller, or click Ask for Details to automatically send a message asking about availability.
To see items you want to buy and your conversations with sellers, click Buying in the top left of Marketplace.
Here are some tips that will guide you when buying items on Marketplace.
- Please be patient. Sellers receive many messages and may need time to reply.
- Before meeting the seller, make sure that you know the condition of the item. Both of you should also agree on the price of the item and the exact location of your meeting place.
- When you meet the seller, look over the item and make sure it’s what you want before paying.
- If you can’t meet the seller at the time you both agreed on, message them and try to reschedule another time.