Facebook Friend Nearby – Facebook has connected millions of people all over the world, it is basically the platform where people connect with friends and meet new people. If you wish to meet new people, connect with friends Facebook is definitely the place you go to.
Now, you can also keep track of the location of your friends on the platform and easily meet up with them anytime they are close to your location. You can find the locations of new friends through Facebook friend nearby feature and even hang out with old friends; you can easily run into friends and have a great time with them.
You can find out just how far your friends are from your location and you can share your exact location with friends for a limited period of time. The friends nearby is an awesome feature that can help friends easily connect and hang out together, you can get to spend more time with friends in the real world and not just on Facebook.
However, this feature gives Facebook a record of your location history which maybe a bit disturbing but you can choose to delete them from time to time.
How To Find Nearby Friends On Facebook
The Facebook nearby friends feature enables you access the location of your friends on your Facebook app, which could be a good idea for friends who want t meet up with friends in the same location. Now, Facebook makes the job of finding the locations of friends or family members easy for you, with just few clicks you can find the exact location of your friend and meet up with them. We will show you just how to find your friends nearby using this feature:
- Tap the menu icon on your Facebook app (the three horizontal lines on top right corner of your Facebook app)
- This will open your menu bar, scroll down the page and click on NEARBY FRIENDS
- You will have to turn on your location feature to enable you see the list of friends in your locations. You can simply turn on location services on the nearby friend’s page.
- Facebook will then access your own location and provide you with a list of friends that are close to your location.
- You can then choose some friends and share your location with them by clicking the blue invite button at the upper right corner of your screen.
- Simply tap and check the box next to the name of the friend you wish to share location with, then finally tap the blue arrow head button to invite your friends that you have selected.
How To Turn On Or Turn Off Facebook Friend Nearby On Android
Facebook allows its users to have control over their Facebook app, the menu bar enables you to access varieties of features and set them whatever way you want to. You can also do likewise on your Facebook friend nearby feature, you can choose to turn it off when you think your privacy is at stake and you can turn it on when you want your friends to have access to your locations. You can follow these steps to enable or disable this feature:
- Tap the three horizontal lines (menu icon) on your Facebook app screen
- On the menu bar, tap NERABY FRIENDS
- Then you can push the toggle button, to either disable or enable the feature whichever one you want.
How To Turn Off Or Turn On Facebook Nearby Feature On iPhone
The Facebook friend nearby feature is available for both android and iPhone devices, so you can enjoy the feature on any of the two devices. If you wish to turn off your friend nearby feature after you must have shared location with specific friends for a specific period of time, you can follow these steps to get it done:
- Open your Facebook app on your device
- Click on MORE on the menu icon at the bottom of your Facebook app screen
- Then tap on NERABY FRIENDS
- Then tap on the SETTINGS icon on the nearby friend’s page
- –Then you can push the toggle button to turn off or turn on nearby friends. Whichever one you choose determines if your location will be accessible to your Facebook friends.
It’s fun when you can easily find the locations of friends close to you, it makes it easy for you to meet up with them and hang out with them as well.
However, if you are skeptical about sharing your location on Facebook, you can easily turn it off through your Facebook settings and you can also choose who sees your location as well. Basically, it is in your hands, you can choose to turn it off or on and share location with as many people as you want.
And you can now meet up with friends because Facebook friend nearby feature makes it possible to track locations of friends close to your location. But you have to bear in mind that your location must be on and your friends location must be on as well before either of you can access each other’s location on Facebook.